Sunday, February 9, 2014

DLP Challenge 4

I promise that I'll have more to write about other than DLP coming up shortly. I thought this week would be easy. Simply write down some quotes that I like, incorporate my saying of the year, which is "life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself" and call it done. Well...I decided it might look cool to stamp the quotes instead of just writing them. And to make it more interesting, I started stamping the quotes in different directions and yes, I did make the mistake of stamping a quote upside down and realizing that the saying would be backwards as soon as I stamped the first letter. Oops. Anyway I stamped the quotes, took me quite a chunk of time to do as well, then decided to go with my iridescent Lumiere paints over the quotes, as they are a bit transparent. Made pretty colors on a messy, stamped background.

Before painting, see how sloppy it is?

After my finger painting

I really wasn't happy about the way this came out, so redo! Instead of sloppy stamping and with the perfectionist in me coming out, I drew lines with a ruler and started writing my quotes over again, in my own handwriting. I've always been conscious of my handwriting, until recently, finding that I'm quite content with my handwriting nowadays. You know after some odd years your handwriting starts to look like "your own"? Well I think I found mine. 



I masked off some key words with some skinny artist's tape and started with some Tim Holtz tissue in some areas, keeping in mind my taped words. Then I went to town with some Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst sprays through a Finnabair stencil and made some splatters with my Montana markers (can ya tell I love my splatters with my Montana markers?). I was finally satisfied with the way it looked. Challenge 4 down, only 49 more to go!

Thank you for reading, say hi in the comments below!

xoxo
Erika aka MsShutterbugg





2 comments:

  1. I love BOTH pages Erika!! Totally different looks but both are great! I don't know how I missed your blog until now but glad to be your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dana. You didn't miss it, I just started posting & I'm gonna try to keep it as just an art blog. This used to be my blog about everything. I tried following what other people were doing and it just wasn't working for me. Gotta beat to my own drum

    ReplyDelete